UPDATE: By inquisitor request, I've created a site dedicated to the cause. That is where I'll post all developments:
I am most grateful to the Whimsicalidocious Arts nonprofit for taking up my cause by hosting a book launch party for the project at their Spring 2023 fundraiser. Because of the sensitive nature of the project, it's being rolled out in phases. Here's what to expect:
- Saturday February 04 - First peek at the secret society. Come onboard as we take the train to the Tea House on Los Rios in San Juan Capistrano to dish out the particulars of the project and the activities surrounding it. Guests will be required to show "proof" of their trustworthiness as directed in their confirmation email. Guests will receive a secret token for use in official capacities going forward
- Tuesday February 07 - We plan to blow the lid off the society with a 30-day Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign designed to get the books back on the shelves, or at least the novel—the exposé will only be available to those who back the campaign (at whatever level is best for them)
- Thursday March 09 - This is the last day of our all-or-nothing Kickstarter campaign. Spread the word so the truth can be published!
- Friday March 10 - To celebrate what we fully trust will be a successful crowdfunding campaign, we're hosting a crafternoon tea to make whimsical costume pieces for wear at the themed book launch & fundraiser in April. Dream Come True in Long Beach is giving us exclusive use of their craft & party room, along with afternoon tea. (Theme to be divulged later)
- Sunday March 26 - Basket Case complimentary packing partea for those who volunteer to assemble gift baskets for the auction & drawing at the April 01 fundraiser - location TBD
- Saturday April 01 - Whimsically-themed book launch & nonprofit fundraiser tea - location TBD (We'd like to host this at one of the Victorian home museums, if someone can help us lock one down)
- On April 1st we'll also hold an online fundraiser with opportunity drawings for those unable to attend the in-person party
- Friday-Monday 04/21-24 - Ride the rails with us to San Francisco where we'll visit the clandestine places mentioned in the books, including the secret society's HQ. Rumor has it there may be an induction ceremony while there. Expect teas, historic tours, fun entertainment, and dubious goings-on
If you'd like to be involved with any of the above from the outset, drop me a line. We need all the help we can get.